Read This Post

May 10, 2010

Women: More Important than We Realize

Women really do rule the world.  They just haven't figured it out yet.  When they do, and they will, we're all in big big trouble. (“Doctor Leon,") Yesterday I was thinking to myself where would I be without my mother. The answer being I wouldn’t be here today. Men often take advantage of women in life and neglect the fact that women are the second biggest influences upon most of our lives after us.
On my journey to being a man the world taught me that women would hinder me more than help me in life. As I grow older I learn that women just as men as misguided by things such as the media and without them men are nothing. A lot of the things we did as men growing up associated directly with women. Getting good grades (to please mom), wanting all the new jordans (to please the girls), and playing sports (we loved it but we all know about groupies).
You see our mother is the first person we learn to love. Upon birth we cannot see and things are blurry but the first person to feed us is our mom. You learn to love women and care for them. The bible tells us that women come from man and to many men this is a sense of being above them.
I ask this again, “What would we be without women?” and to be honest I have no real answer to this. Just imagine this picture, No reproduction so the world would not have lasted this long, no one to nurture children, no reason to be “the man” because all you would surrounded by is other men.
Without my mother my purpose in life would not be as fulfilling. I was reading one of my twitter followers blogs (http://planetlover-treehugger.tumblr.com/) and in one of the posts she talked about a conversation she had with her dad. She basically spoke on how her father said that his job was to provide for her and that it was not her job to repay him. After reading this I thought to myself about my mother.
Personally my father died when I was 14 so I’ve been on my journey to manhood since then. She guided me through this and this was not something she had to do. As I get older I realize this and this pushes me to work harder.
You see women do not choose to be emotional creatures. Yet they know how to love and how to teach a man to endure. A big part of manhood is the women which you come from. Men learn many things from women that men cannot teach. So the next time you see your mother tell her you love her and that her influence on your life is just as important as any other. Don’t wait until mother’s day because one day she will be gone.

-Geoffrey Allison

0 comments :