Read This Post

February 10, 2010

Knowlege Can Never be taken away

     As a young boy I lived a false life, a life where I believed the world would treat me good. As I became older I began to realize that this world was not as nice as I had perceived it. At the age of 14 my eyes where opened to the good and the bad as my family began to pass away. It started with my aunt who was the backbone of the family. Next was my father who passed, but I tell you this to deliver a message. 
   Now before my father died he told me a few things but one of the greatest things that he told me was a quote which is somewhat cliche. He said "They can never take your education away". Now stop to think about that and all that this statement embodies.
   He left this world in 2006 but he is still here with me for that simple line of motivation. Without that line I probably wouldn't be in college or even concerned with my mental abilities. You see I was on the wrong road and it took his death for me to realize this.
   Now I am a Howard University Student and I still live by this quote. You see this whole week we have been snowed in but I always remember that regardless of us having no school knowledge is power. Regardless of what it is you know. An example of this is when you and your friends have a discussion in which you know the most information. Don't you feel somewhat powerful? My point in all this is to say regardless of what you feel is holding you back in life knowledge will always be the most powerful thing.

  Have a nice blizzard and God bless
                                                                                                                               -Geoffrey.A.A

0 comments :