Read This Post

February 6, 2010

The Blizzard


     For those who do not know. Their is currently almost 18 inches of snow on the ground. Well to get to the point of this blog post,let me explain. So as I awoke and went to brush my teeth I looked out the window. It looked beautiful but the way I interpreted it was so much more than the average eye would see.     What I saw was a desolate land but to go even deeper I interpreted it as people being held back by minor things such as snow. Then I realized everyone has some type of snow in their life. No one was walking outside and everything here was closed down. I thought of previous civilizations who lived through these conditions and continued to thrive regardless of the snow.
     You see as a generation we have learned to accept the snow and life. Instead of conquering it we let it hold us back. Perhaps you failed a test or someone has died in your family. Why shut down your life? People are becoming accustomed to not doing anything and justifying it with reasons that are in all honesty just excuses.
    Today on campus the cafe is closed as well as most of the buildings. You see I look at it this way. If our society is so "advanced" and the future then why don't we work towards that? We shutdown for snow and rain instead of working with what we have. To be honest we could of easily worked to clear some of the snow up but instead we'd rather let the snow rule our lives.
   I'll end this post by saying this "If we are so progressive and of a new age then I believe we start to act like it". Your life will be a waste if you let the snow get in your way. Do you want to be shut down by a little blizzard?


by Geoffrey Allison

1 comments :

  1. Talisha said...

    whoa this is very nicely worded!!!!