Read This Post

October 24, 2010

Poem of the Week

Waiting to Be Saved

Today I woke up, I'm happy to be blessed
because last night I had a deeper dream than Martin
but now I've become enraged on a mission, Malcolm X
but before someone shoots me I wondered what's next

I see slaves running around in nikes now
and Gucci bags suddenly change life around
You see my generation is lost, with no urgency
They say don't fret "I'm no worried B"

As we watch from the sidelines like coaches
Willie Lynch laughs in his grave also
No more GUTS!, Since when have my people lost their torsos
Lynching yourself and no one has to force you

I remember when we as a people
were resourceful and free thinking
Guess Obama will have to save the slaves again right?
The New Age Abraham Lincoln

by Geoffrey Allison

0 comments :